Supplier's Rating: Church - Parish of Our Lady of the Abandoned – Sta. Ana

January 27, 2015

Hi everyone, 3 months have passed since our wedding last October and I still have not update my co-wawies with my suppliers' ratings. Anyway, I'll do this in installment basis so that I could really put details on my review. Sorry if medyo mapapakwento po ako.hehehe

I'll start with my church.

Peso Power: 10,000 (Wedding fee with use of church with carpet, plus registration of 2 pairs of sponsors.) + 500 (electricity of photo/video) + 500 (singer/organist) + 50 for each additional sponsor

Inclusions:
·         Wedding Rites only

Rating: 3 (1-lowest; 5-highest)

Side story: This was not our original choice of church since we planned to have our wedding in Cavite. However, when we did our oculars in our chosen churches, we were told that they only allow morning weddings during our chosen date. This made us decide to move our wedding in Manila. We also took into consideration that most of our friends and relatives are Manila-based so it will be convenient for them if our wedding will also be in Manila. Ayaw ko naman na sa huli, maraming hindi aattend kasi nalalayuan sila sa place or dahil sa tamad silang gumising ng maaga if morning nga yung wedding. Also, when we went there I fell in love with the church esp the aisle. I don't know, but I really love its old structure and its not so long aisle.

The aisle and the altar



Ms. Rose, the Parish coordinator, is kind and very organized. She scheduled us for precana seminar by March 2014 even if our wedding is still in October. The church is also not that strict. You can have your own choice of bridal song. You can also have your own vows which I love the most since umiyak dito si hubby!

However, meron talagang nagpalungkot sa kin ng bongga dito., I was very sad when we went there last March because we saw an ongoing construction infront of the church! Ms. Rose said that it was government-initiative to restore the church. Since it is still 7 months away until our wedding, I thought that it will s be finished by that time. But hey, as they say, “pag government nagpagawa, aabutin ng syam-syam” True anough, hindi nga sya natapos. And this was my biggest disappointment! Nawala yung dream dramatic church entrance ko. Although I still had my closed door entrance, pasaway lang yung mga scaffoldings na nakita dun sa SDE. Ang sakit sa mata!

Here is the pic of the front view of the church one week before our wedding=( so sad.huhuhu





Another negative point is para sa ceremony coordinator dun (nakalimutan ko yung name, sorry). A week before the wedding, we made a final ocular sa church to check with my OTD for possible remedy that we could do for the church entrance since pasaway nga yung construction. The coordinator said that they could provide white cloth para matakpan yung mga scaffoldings.  Pagdating ko dun, wala namang nilagay! Kaloka! Another is I have requested that my chosen guests will be the commentators/readers in our wedding. Although she initially said na it will be provided by the church na lang, I still insists on having my own sets of readers and she agreed on that.  However, nung mismong araw na un, sabi nya hinde raw pwede yun. O well, ayaw ko ng makipagtalo nun at baka mastress lang ako. Nahiya lang ako dun sa mga nasabihan ko na since they took time to prepare for that.


Contact Details:
Parish of Our Lady of the Abandoned-Sta. Ana
New Panaderos, St.
Sta. Ana, Manila
564-4203; 564-4206



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Visitor Count